Here are some thoughts as grad 2020 approaches...

PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT

CONNECT

Connecting is like planting a tree…it takes time, patience and energy before something begins to take root.

“Children are like tiny flowers.  They are varied and need care, but each is beautiful alone and glorious when seen in the community of peers.”

– Friedrich Frobel –

I believe the stronger the connection, the stronger the partnership.  I have adopted the CRIT values ( Care, Respect, Integrity & Trust) as my value system professionally.

CRIT + Connection = Partnerships.

CREATE

Children are like gardens…if tended to appropriately, they create their own unique beauty and joy.

“Any human act that gives rise to something new is referred to as a creative act, regardless of whether what is created is a physical object or some mental or emotional construct that lives within the person who created it and is known only to him.”

– Lev Vygotsky – 

Children have a desire to learn through exploration and inquiry.  I must provide the soil, seeds and water but allow children to create their own gardens.

CONSTRUCT

“The teacher must adopt the role of facilitator, not content provider.”

&

“By giving our students practice in talking with others, we give them frames for thinking on their own.”

-Lev Vygotsky – 

The Froebel educational framework of a protective garden partnered with Vygotsky’s scaffolding approach allows me to construct  an environment of individualized garden beds while still providing a community garden of learning.

«