I appreciate that I will have some guidance as I enter the ECE field as a professional.  Simplifying the focus to the core set of ethical values of care, respect, integrity, and trust helps me to easily  “hop on board”.  And with a little deeper reflection, I realize that this is just a more grown-up version of the be safe, be respectful, be responsible rules/principles/tool that I have learned in this course.

The strongest message that I have received about ethics is that it does not operate in a bubble.  The key words I noticed throughout the course content has been partnerships and relationships.  Whether it concerns children, families or colleagues, these two components can determine the efficacy of programs and one’s ethical behaviours.

I know at some point I will have to deal with a professional ethical dilemma but I currently have no clue how I will approach it.  As I have previously shared, I have been introduced to so much information since January 2019 that most of it has not been cognitively sifted through enough to know what practical experience will produce…  However, I am fortunate to have had the role-modelling of Colleen Friendship and the continued examples of care, respect, integrity, and trust with my current colleagues.